Hiring: Business Development Executive
Purpose of the Position
Are you resilient? Can you smile in the face of adversity and talk to anyone? You might be ready for a job as a Business Development Executive. This position has come about because of business growth, we are at an exciting point in the business right now and are delighted to be growing the team. The Business Development Executive will play a fundamental role in helping us to achieve our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
We are looking for a talented & competitive candidate with 1-2 yrs experience who will thrive in a quick sales cycle environment.
As a Business Development Executive, you will focus on selling our services to organizations in the B2B Conference space, to recruitment companies and IT Sales. This will typically involve desk research, cold calling and sales pitching. You will work with potential customers to determine what they want, create a tailored solution for them and ensure a smooth sales process.
As a Business Development Executive, you are to find new opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, business directories, client referrals, outbound cold calls and emails. By nature, you are friendly, well-spoken and ready to close the deal. You are a graduate who knows his/her products/services inside out.
- Customer service: The customer is always right. As a Business Development Executive, you are required to speak in a friendly way to customers and/or potential customers, listen to their needs and help communicate options for them.
- Communication: As a Business Development Executive you are to speak to customers about the services that we offer and answer any questions they might have.
- Writing: Excellent writing skills. Write appealing emails to create opportunities and pave the way for successful business meetings.
- Flexibility: A candidate without time constraints.
- Persistence: Not every customer is going to be a sale. Being able to bounce back if you lose a sale will be the key for this job.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound cold calls and emails
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Close sales and achieve quotas
- Research accounts and identify key players and generate interest
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects across assigned territories
- Proven sales experience
- Strong phone presence and experience dialling dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively